About The Project:
A prestigious private girl’s school located in Unley, SA was upgrading its facilities by building a high-end sports pavilion. The building includes a large function area, commercial-grade kitchen, showers, change rooms and toilets.
As part of the scope of works, the school required the installation of extensive heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) services.
CSS was engaged to install:
- A gas-powered multi-split VRV (Variable Refrigerant Volume) air conditioning system
- Stand-alone air conditioning systems
- Exhaust system and rangehood for the commercial-grade kitchen
- Exhaust systems for bathroom and change room areas
- All electricals and ducting for each system
The gas-powered VRV system uses one outdoor unit which is connected to a number of indoor units throughout the sports pavilion.
These durable systems are designed to:
- Deliver low-noise emissions
- Require minimal maintenance
- Reduce electricity usage by approx. 90% and greenhouse gas emissions by up to 50% when compared to electric multi-split air conditioning units
- Reduce running costs by 30-50% (depending on the brand and unit capacity) when compared to electric systems of a similar size
Gas-powered VRV systems are often selected in situations where the power supply is insufficient to operate electric reverse cycle air conditioning. That’s why many schools select this type of system. In this case, it meant the school didn’t need to invest in upgrading its electrical services to power the sports pavilion’s air conditioning and exhaust systems.
The school and its pavilion project construction team were thrilled with the results. All systems installed by CSS were fitted on time and on budget – operating perfectly from the beginning.
During the defects liability period, CSS is providing monthly preventive maintenance to ensure the smooth operation of all the equipment.
CSS offers a wide range of technical solutions including system installation and high-quality preventative maintenance programs.
To discover how CSS could assist you with your next project, contact us here.